Re: Console (no X) based MP3 player

Subject: Re: Console (no X) based MP3 player
christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 15:15:52 MDT

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
>On 20 Jun 2001 10:28:07 -0400, christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca wrote:
>> How do I turn the internal speakers on my powerbook off in console mode?
>> I want to be able to use the headphones but not have the sound come out of
>> the internal speakers. Any info would be much appreciated.
>
>Not sure on the powerbook (I'm more of an x86 guy) but I would think any
>decent mixer application would be able to do this for you. Might try
>aumix, not sure how to use it as I use the ALSA drivers for for my
>card(s) and the alsamixer normally.

 Awesome! Thanks again. aumix was indeed the thing.

 aumix -p 0

 turns internal speaker off.

Thanks again, now my powerbook is the coolest thing. Boots into console,
and can play mp3s while I'm using vi to work. Sweet.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada