Re: Partition's Data Region doesn't occupy the entire partition ?

Subject: Re: Partition's Data Region doesn't occupy the entire partition ?
From: Rick Sheridan (thunder@ccountry.net)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 06:26:34 MDT

I tried the process outlined below, (although I didn't find 'pdisk' on the
'Tasty Morsels' CD). I removed the partition map on one SCSI drive.
'Parted' then recognized the drive, but I found that I needed to have the
whole drive as a 'free' partition (either that or I was unclear about using
'parted'). I reformatted the drive as 'free', and again removed the
partition map. 'Parted' then recognized the whole drive. Running 'parted'
from the rescue console from 'Tasty Morsels' works fine.

When I rebooted the YLD 2.0 installer, though, the same problem occurred.
The installer appears to require all drives/partitions to be created with
'parted'(?). Skimming through some of the threads in the gnu.org parted
mail list, I get a sense that this tool may be a bit more than picky

I am not willing to disconnect all my drives, nor to reformat all of them
again. It has been interesting, but this is far too much work just to get
YLD installed.

Thanks for all the help. It has been interesting and fun.

-- Rick