Happy camping with YDL 2.0

Subject: Happy camping with YDL 2.0
From: Philippe L. Houze (plhydl@blackdiamondltd.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 07:21:03 MDT

Hi,

I am a happy camper!
YDL 2.0 is finally running on my 9600/350. My network is running... at the slower 10Mbps but it's running.

Few things I learned while trying to install YDL 2.0:
Video cards I had trouble with:
    - IMS Twin Turbo 128
    - Matrox MGA
Card that finally worked: ATI 3D Rage II

Ethernet card I had trouble with:
    -SMC 1211tx EZ-Net also know as RTL8139 and any card based on this chipset.

NIC 10/100 that works: Still looking for it... Any idea out there?
Instead I am relying on good old on-board card (MACE chipset).

Hope this can help newbies to Linux like me, feel better when they encounter problems.

I can now telnet from my PC, and use my MySQL.... Feels good.

Thank you to all who have contributed to help me ironing out this installation:
Thanks to all the folks at Terra Soft for putting a better product. (See you at MacWorld NYC.)
Thanks to Chris, Dan, Jason, Hollis, in particular.

Things I need to tame in the next couple of days: netatalk.
Any suggestion is always welcome ;)

Philippe