Re: xinetd or inetd --Which is running?????????

Subject: Re: xinetd or inetd --Which is running?????????
From: Philippe L. Houze (plhydl@blackdiamondltd.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 17:42:09 MDT

Larry,

On YDL 2.0 definitely xinetd.
Go to "/etc/xinetd.d/" where you will find the finger, telnet, tftp, and so
forth which are all by default "disabled".
You do not say what you are trying to achieve but check these files. I could
not understand why I could not telnet, even though I was pinging fine until
I checked these files.

My cent a half.
Philippe.