Re: no MacOS on iMac?

Subject: Re: no MacOS on iMac?
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 21:56:56 MDT

Hi - Unless you need to work with a lot of data, the 4.5 GB you have left
over should be more than sufficient. Even with a full install and a
generous swap partition, you should have a couple GB free for future use.

If for some reason you still want to use the whole disk for Linux, you can
change the partition type, build an ext2 file system on the partition, and
mount it someplace convenient under Linux. This of course assumes that you
are not using anything on the HFS partition in order to boot Linux.

Jim

Doug Philips's bits of Thu, 21 Jun 2001 translated to: