Re: PPP on a Development Install?

Subject: Re: PPP on a Development Install?
From: Dr. David Sterling (sterling@boulder.nist.gov)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 07:20:21 MDT

Michael Tucker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First off, thanks to the folks at Terrasoft for being so helpful in the
> past couple of days... I really appreciate it!
>
> I just did a Development Station install of YDL and can't find pppd, or
> any of the other ppp tools. Am I missing something or are they just not
> installed?

I did a "developer" install last week on my G3 and the PPP tools were
installed on my
system. Of course I still don't have PPP working yet so I'm on the mac side
right
now or I'd give you the exact path :)

From your post it was not clear how you determined that PPP was *not*
installed.
If you haven't already done this either of the following commands should
answer
the question:

    locate pppd

   or

    find / -name pppd -print

Hope this helps,

David

P.S. On my system the man page for 'locate' has been trashed!