Re: rpm to remove packages

Subject: Re: rpm to remove packages
From: Jamin "W." Collins (jcollins@asgardsrealm.net)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 08:13:17 MDT

On 22 Jun 2001 06:01:34 -0700, Bob_Fermin@averydennison.com wrote:

> Has anyone attempted to use
>
> rpm -e <packagename>
>
> to remove a package? I know the package is installed. When I use the
> previous command I'm promptly told that the package is not installed. If
> I attempt to install the package Im told that it is already installed. I
> rebuilt the database ... no change. Any suggestions?
Yes.

Short answer:
type the correct name of the package.

Long answer:
To determine the correct name of the package run the following command

"rpm -qa | grep <part-of-package-name-here>"

Once you get a response from the previous command, type

"rpm -e <package-name-from-previous-command>"

Jamin W. Collins