Re: PPP on a Development Install?

Subject: Re: PPP on a Development Install?
From: Michael Tucker (mtucker@eecs.harvard.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 09:10:30 MDT

Hi,

  Well, Imay have spoken to quickly... but unfortunately I don't have
access to my machine until this evening to check. I actually might have
pppd on the system (I tried running it as root, and it wasn't found... so
it is possible that /usr/sbin wasn't in my path). The real reason that I
didn't think that ppp was there was because in netcfg, ppp was not one of
the choices of adapters. Speaking of which, I figured I would try setting
up a slip adapter, but when I told it to connect it locked the machine
(hard). But I don't really care about getting SLIP fixed... PPP would be a
lot better :).

  Also, is there any consensus about the best way to configure ppp on
YDL2? netcfg? command line (woohoo!)? kde's ppp tools (which I couldn't
find...)?

Thanks,
Mike