Re: HFS vs. HFS+ (Was: Re: Zip disk ?)

Subject: Re: HFS vs. HFS+ (Was: Re: Zip disk ?)
From: Michael Tucker (mtucker@eecs.harvard.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 09:26:09 MDT

Hi,

  I agree wholeheartedly that more commitment is needed from the
community... but "you have the tools, write the utility" is a bit harsh
(for a non-developers list). Admittdely, I'm ignorant to the background of
the person you were writing to, but for anyone who is not a programmer, or
is fairly new to Linux this may be:

A) impossible
B) not an obvious concept

  One of the nice things about this list, at least from my perspective, is
how open and friendly the people on it have always been. Instead of
attacking, just some friendly advice would probably suffice. Also... Since
we're on the topic, does anyone want to actually DO something about
this? Once my system is up and running (aka connects to the internet
properly), I would be willing to devote some time/energy (for what it's
worth), to developing some better tools. I've never written any PPC/MacOS
low-level code before, but if the Specs (and/or APIs) are available, I'd
be willing to help.

Mike