RE: Emacs Culture?

Subject: RE: Emacs Culture?
From: Pete Peters (ppeters914@home.com)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 10:03:40 MDT

I was mostly kidding. It was just too good to pass up.<g>

I'm just a newbie, too, so my few forays into launching emacs were like
my first time using WordStar (oops, that'll date me!), i.e. painful. vi
is quick 'n' dirty and meets my limited needs.

It's a little different than Word vs. WordPerfect arguments, but not
much, and it depends on what you're doing. I've not seen any comparison
pages. From my lurking, my understanding is that many programmers use
emacs, though I could be off here, too.

Cheers.

Pete
Pete Peters <ppeters914@home.com>