Re: Package Installation - I must be missing something

Subject: Re: Package Installation - I must be missing something
From: Rob Brandt (rbrandt@sbdsl.com)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 12:26:48 MDT

Yeah, yeah, I know - check my facts THREE times before sending an email.

So I check the web site a third time after sending the email and
found Setup listed on the install disk.

Still a problem though. Postfix says it needs v2.3.5, and the rpm
list says version 2.3.4 is the version that is supplied.

So the question still remains: Is it a reasonable expectation that
rpms included with the dist will have everything with it that's
needed to install? Or was this just an oversight? Either way, I'm
not complaining - I just need to know for planning purposes. In
other words, when I want to install a package included with YDL 2.0,
do I need to plan on an additional step of downloading the right
versions of dependent files?

TIA

Rob