Re: approaching disgustipation

Subject: Re: approaching disgustipation
From: michael (mlibby@qwest.net)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 18:55:44 MDT

On Friday 22 June 2001 11:49, David Gehrig wrote:
> I ordered YDL 2.0 the very day it came out, and got a nice boxed set
> including a bad install disk. After a few complaints, I was sent a new
> install disk, which was equally bad.

Under similar circumstances I would tend to question something other than the
quality of the YDL CDs from TSS. But this is just because I find that usually
the problem is something simple. TSS producing two bad CDs and sending them
to the same person seems unlikely to me, if we do not have a rash of people
complaining that their CDs are bad.

I don't know enough about your setup to know what questions to ask, but can
you mount the CD under Mac OS, or on another Linux machine? Does the specific
CD-ROM you used it in have trouble with other discs? Is the hardware setup
fairly non-standard so that we might suspect a driver is the issue? What
exactly are you doing that produces an error, and what kind of error?

My own experience with YDL CS 1.2 and YDL2 compared against, say, Red Hat on
x86 or Debian on PPC, have left me with the impression that TSS/YDL is one of
the best Linux teams/distributions out there, well deserving of support and
hopefully deserving of forgiveness and/or patience when frustration sets in.

my $.02,
michael.