Linux Newbie Wrestling with Display Prefs.

Subject: Linux Newbie Wrestling with Display Prefs.
From: Brian Durant (bdurant@peterlink.ru)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 06:07:57 MDT

Hi,

I am a Linux newbie that is trying to get the display prefs right when I try
to install YDL 2.0. In Mac OS 9.1, my resolution is set to 832 X 624 with a
refresh rate of 75 Hz. Other recommended settings are as follows:

832 X 624 85 Hz
800 X 600 85 Hz
640 X 480 at 60 or 85 Hz
1024 X 768 at 60, 67, 74.9 or 85 Hz.

I have a Apple Multiple Scan 15AV Display and a Matrox graphics card that
YDL identifies as a Matrox VGA card. I am trying to install on a UMAX
Pulsar. I realize that it isn't supported, but it seems to work fine, but
for the display issue. Hope someone can help.

Cheers,

Brian