Gray Bar and dmasound problem +++++++++++++++

Subject: Gray Bar and dmasound problem +++++++++++++++
From: Larry Blodgett (blodgett@telocity.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 11:03:25 MDT

In general I am fairly happy with YDL 2.0 on my 2001 ibook.
Here is a quick history to show you how I arrived and how I could be happier.
1. Installed 2.0, could not get X going and gray bar on text screen.
2. Ran yup fixed X problem but caused boot to hang on dmasound.
3. Forced dmasound to not load.
4. Sound does not work of course.
5. X works great, very happy with KDE.
6. Two problems left gray bar in text mode and NO SOUND.

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the graybar???????
Does anyone know how to get sound working?????????

Please help if you have any ideas.

--
Thanks,
Larry Blodgett (blodgett@telocity.com) (leb@wt.net)

--- Linux, WinNT, MS-DOS - also known as the Good, the Bad and the Ugly Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither. -B. Franklin Computers save time like kudzu prevents soil erosion. -Everybody knows