Re: PPP on a Development Install?

Subject: Re: PPP on a Development Install?
From: Dr. David Sterling (sterling@boulder.nist.gov)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 11:46:05 MDT

Michael Tucker wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I found pppd, but when I run it it complains that my kernel does not
> have support for ppp built-in. I am running on the standard 2.2.19 kernel
> that ships with YDL2.

I'm running YDL 2.0 on a B/w G3 and I *finally* got ppp working this morning.

I did a vanilla developer install, but then had to go "massage"
/etc/sysconfig/ifcfg-ppp0
by hand to bring up the interface properly (more on this in a separate
post)!?

> If I go to the 2.4 kernel, will PPP already be compiled in?

It seems to be there in the 2.2.19 kernel already. As for configuration...
I used the RedHat configurator (Dialup Config?), and it *almost* worked.
I had to mount my CS1.2.1 partition to see how to make things work....so
much for high level configuration :(

Sure wish I could find 'linuxconf', has it gone away?

David