Re: postfix (was Package Installation - I must be missing something)

Subject: Re: postfix (was Package Installation - I must be missing something)
From: Hollis (hollis-lists@austin.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 12:00:38 MDT

On Saturday 23 June 2001 10:13, you wrote:

> When I try to install either Postfix or Mailman, RPM reports failed
> dependencies:
>
> For Postfix:
> Setup >= 2.3.5 is needed by postfix-2.....
> initscripts >= 5.5.3 is needed ....
> I had expected that if I got a dist that had postfix
> on it, that postfix would run on on that dist without having to
> download anything else from the net. Was I mistaken?

No, that's generally a pretty safe assumption. However, the packages on the
Tasty Morsels CD were tested less thoroughly than those on the main CD. Which
isn't to say they all have problems like this; I'm personally using quite a
few of them with no problems at all.

What you've discovered is a simple bug; I'll look into it. At any rate, that
rpm won't help you much, so you should try to grab a source rpm from
postfix.org and rebuild it. ('rpm --rebuild postfix-*.src.rpm' yields
/usr/src/rpm/RPMS/ppc/postfix-*.ppc.rpm)

-Hollis