Re: postfix (was Package Installation - I must be missing something)

Subject: Re: postfix (was Package Installation - I must be missing something)
From: Rob Brandt (rbrandt@sbdsl.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 13:33:23 MDT

Actually, I got it installed last night. I haven't done any testing
to make sure it worked, so tell me if I should expect trouble.

I just ran the rpm, and noted the packages and version numbers of
dependencies that it was missing, then went to rpmfind.net and
searched for the rpms. I then attempted to install those packages.
Some were dependent on yet other packages. I found those and
installed them, then worked my way back to postfix and got a
successful installation. One thing worried me - some of the 'most
dependent' packages were labelled as 'md' versions from mandrake
cooker. I worry that packages labelled for a specific distro won't
work on YDL, but I figured "WTH, if it doesn't work, I'll just start
over". But is appeared to have worked.

Rob