[YellowDogLinux] Installing individual applications

Subject: [YellowDogLinux] Installing individual applications
From: COLIN COMOLLATTI (c.comollatti@cqu.edu.au)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 15:29:11 MDT

G'Day All

This question may of already be answered, please humour me. :)

How can I install individual applications using YellowDogLinux v2 on a G4.

I would like to set-up a mail server but do not want to have http, ftp, etc
installed on this computer for security reasons. I installed using Internet
server and found it loaded all of these applications.

Is there a easy way around this?

Or will I need to install Internet Server option then remove the
applications I do not need.

Also could someone point me in the direction of where all the archived
mailing list messages are? So I can check there before asking questions that
may have already been answered.

Thank you for your time

Colin Comollatti
Multimedia Developer

Educational Design and Multimedia Unit
Distance and Flexible Learning Centre
Central Queensland University

Phone: 4930 9303
Fax: 4930 9045
Email: c.comollatti@cqu.edu.au

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution of copying of
communication in error, please notify us immediately by facsimile or
telephone.