Screen resolution problems

Subject: Screen resolution problems
From: Tim Moran (tim@brickbros.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 22:27:33 MDT

I have just recently installed YDL 2.0 on my 8600/G3/400. This is my
first experience with Linux and so far it has been extremely
frustrating. I got my DSL up and working (with a router) but that's
about all I could stand with such a teeny tiny screen resolution. My
question is "how do I change my screen resolution?". I have an ATI
Xclaim VR 128 (rage pro) and after the install and boot of YDL the
screen must be 1200x1600 on my 17" Multiscan. I have tried the
CTRL/ALT/+ or - but that does not work. I read a little on Xautoconfig4
but have no clue how to go about doing this. I also have multiple
monitors with my mac but have no idea if this is either supported or
configurable under YDL. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated-

Tim