Re: location of kernel 2.2.19-1k

Subject: Re: location of kernel 2.2.19-1k
From: Hollis (hollis-lists@austin.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 23:25:39 MDT

> since yup updated my system I need to download the 2.2.19-1k kernel
> for my mac partition (its hfs+).

This is the reason for your kernel difficulties. As part of the YDL2
installation, all your bootstrapping needs are taken care of. Most
importantly, your kernels live in /boot, which is ext2 and can even be placed
on your root partition for configuration simplicity.

If you insist on manually handling your bootloader configuration, you'll need
to copy kernels from /boot to your hfs+ partition. The kernel rpm's install
vmlinux's (to /boot) and modules, but since you're still booting from an
older vmlinux your modules don't match...

Another thing you should know is that YDL kernels are heavily patched. "-1k"
is a YDL release number; you cannot download it from any source other than
YDL.

-Hollis