Re: location of kernel 2.2.19-1k

Subject: Re: location of kernel 2.2.19-1k
From: Gavin Hemphill (hemphill@drea.dnd.ca)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 06:27:27 MDT

Hollis:
        For those of us running oldworld machines with BootX (installed
acording to YDL's recommendation - i.e., no quik or whatever since its
"for experts only", the update process is not seamless, and you do have
to manually copy the /boot/vmlinux... file). Since the partitioning
instructions for YDL don't recommend a "transfer" partition (although
they do recommend making the MacOS partition HFS - which is way too
expensive if you are planning a dual boot machine with 10 gig of mac),
most people don't have one, which leaves them scrambling to get a copy
of the vmlinux over to the mac side.
I haven't had the problem since I've got a small transfer partition, but
those that don't would probably appreciate being able to ftp the vmlinux
from terrasoft.
        G++