If you need a document about setting up networking and security under Linux ...

Subject: If you need a document about setting up networking and security under Linux ...
From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup999@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 06:30:42 MDT

Good morning, everybody,

If anybody needs a document which describes how to set up your Linux Networking and most of all, how to make it safe (needed when you're on a cable modem or DSL), then, have a look at this document:

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/TrinityOS/mHTML/TrinityOS-m.html

Although, not specifically for YDL but for Linux in general, I don't see any reason why this would not work under YDL. AFAIK, ipchains is supported (haven't tried myself, my gateway/router box runs RedHat) under YDL, however, ipchains seems to need kernel 2.2.x and is no longer supported in 2.4.x.

Best regards,
Chris