Possible video problem - installing YDL 2.0 on Beige G3

Subject: Possible video problem - installing YDL 2.0 on Beige G3
From: Gawain Reifsnyder (gawain@guitar.net)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 20:56:56 MDT

I've finally gotten a complete download of YDL 2.0! (thanks Bo!).

I've got a Beige G3/300 minitower and a Sony 19" monitor. I've
installed BootX and the installation seems to start normally.
Immediately after the installer starts and the "Starting installation
routine... this may take a while..." message appears, a bit more
configuration text quickly appears then the screen goes black. The
machine fiddles with the CD for a few seconds more, then goes silent.
After a few minutes it restarts.

I've tried various combinations of the No Video Driver checkbox and
the Force video settings checkbox with identical results.

Any ideas?