Re: Zip disk ?

Subject: Re: Zip disk ?
From: Rob Brandt (rbrandt@sbdsl.com)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 22:39:54 MDT

Thanks to who ever started this thread. I need to do this too.

I've followed the directions below, but when I try to mount the disk I get
the message:

SCSI device sdb: 196608 512-byte hdwr sectors (101)MB
sdb: write protect is off
hfs_fs: unable to read block 0x00000252 from dev 08:11
hfs_fs: unable to read superblock
VFS: Cant find a HFS filesystem on the dev 08:11
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, or too many
mounted file systems

My fstab is entered as below, just like suggested. The zip disks I am
trying to mount are newly formatted and readable by a Mac.

/dev/sda /mnt/zip hfs rw,noauto,user 0 0

However, if I change "hfs" to "auto" I can mount and read DOS formatted zip
disks. Mac formatted doesn't work.

How do I fix this?

Rob