Radeon PCI Bugs!

Subject: Radeon PCI Bugs!
From: Nate Elkan (nate_elkan@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 02:53:37 MDT

I have a b&w g3. And my radeon pci card has been giving me a lot of heck.
Shortly after I selected the "install-novideo" at the install, the screen
just froze after loading the kernel. I managed to install YDL, but with my
ATI Rage 128 card. I tried swapping in my radeon card after I installed it,
but still, no luck. It cuts off the video shortly after loading the kernel
and I'm stuck staring at the initial boot screen with about 8 - 10 lines of
text. Everything works fine with my Rage 128, except for the fact I have to
use a slower card :/

What can I do? The linux/ppc Q4 CD booted fine, and gave me a command line
(with major video error complaining from the kernel, but it shows that
there's something in the YDL kernel that doesn't let me even get that far).

Thanks
- Nathan