Re: XF86 / Mozilla Font Issue

Subject: Re: XF86 / Mozilla Font Issue
From: Joss Winn (joss@josswinn.org)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 03:07:19 MDT

> Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 20:29:51 -0700
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
> From: Nathan Buck <nathb@efn.org>
> Subject: XF86 / Mozilla Font Issue
>
> I've been reviewing articles and material about fonts and X and Gnome,
> but I've as yet been unable to solve my problem completely. The
> situation is this:

I don't run YDL, so I'm not sure if this will fix your problem, but
here's a possible solution and you'll get some nice fonts out of it
whatever the outcome:

Do you have mozilla-fonts installed? You can find out by going into
Mozilla or Konqueror, etc. and selecting fonts. If you have
mozilla-times, mozilla-helvetica and mozilla-courier, then try those
fonts if you haven't already.

If you don't have those fonts, you can get them here:
http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/cooker/cooker/ppc/Mandrake/RPMS/mozilla-fonts-20000310-6mdk.noarch.html

After building the fonts,
stick the Mozilla directory in the path below with your other fonts, and
add the entire line below to your
/etc/X11/XF86Config file at the bottom of the list of fonts already
there. Then restart X and go look for those fonts in an application
again. I find them to be good fonts, not just for mozilla but for any
appllication. Selecting smaller point sizes works best for me.

FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Mozilla"

joss

--
http://www.josswinn.org