PostFix - and how to make it

Subject: PostFix - and how to make it
From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup999@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 08:05:00 MDT

Hi Rob,

After you have untarred the current PostFix tar ball, you need to type in:
make

if you get an error, telling you that it can not find <db.h> anywhere, slip in the YDL installation CD and do this:

mount /dev/cdrom /mnt
cd /mnt/YellowDog/RPMS
rpm -i db3-devel-3.1.17-3c.ppc.rpm

then, go back to the PostFix source directory and type

make

again.

This then builds the program and all the utilities. I have done it 'til here, I will not do the next step on my machine as it would overwrite my current sendmail program. The next step would be:

make install

Best regards,
Chris