Re: YDL 2.0 Cds

Subject: Re: YDL 2.0 Cds
From: Stephen Lewis (lewis@napanet.net)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 09:22:55 MDT

The first question is which graphics card is in your Cube?
Most cubes have Rage 128 but some have NVidia ("Fastest" on Apple web
site)
If you have NVidia you are waiting on the driver update. You could
plug a standard monitor into the socket beside the ADC connector
and temporarily unplug the 17 inch LCD. If you have the Rage 128
then boot the CD (hold down "C" key) then at the yaboot prompt type

boot: install video=aty128fb:vmode:20

and you should be in the installer,

The blinking light means (I think) that the frame rate is wrong
the 15 inch display likes 60 Hz though I don't know what the
driver actually does with this parameter (don't know about 17)
so you could try

boot: install video=aty128fb:vmode:20,cmode:24,mclk=60

Stephen Lewis