Re: video drivers?

Subject: Re: video drivers?
From: n_ki (nik@f0.am)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 08:51:55 MDT

[28.06.2001 ° 13:56 Uhr] Mari Masuda -->

>Hello,
>
>I got YDL up and running yesterday, but when I'm in a windowing
>environment everything is very jerky and it feels like I'm missing a video
>driver or something. How can I check to see if I have a video driver
>chosen, and furthermore, is there any documentation that lists the
>different choices so I know if the correct one is getting used? I am
>using a Bronze PB with 320 MB physical RAM. Thanks.

you could try messing around with the XFree86.config file

or, you could try kernel argument video=aty128

but, if its a lombard, then most likely it is because the standard xfree86 does
not seem to support acceleration for the mobility chip set with r128 driver, and
uses framebuffer.

i remeber there was a version running on linuxPPC,.
 <insert-google-search>

  http://linuxppc.org/hardware/lombard/index.php3
has some good general info, and it looks like -> XFree86-4.0.99.1-0d supports
accelleration.
 are these changes in the yellowdog distro?
               any hints on merging if they arent?

               nk