Re: YDL 2.0 On RS/6000

Subject: Re: YDL 2.0 On RS/6000
ghannon@cspi.com
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 15:49:33 MDT

Steve Kurlin wrote:

> If I install the YDL 2.0 ramdisk-x11.image.gz on a Linux Partition and
then
> install the vmlinux kernel on on a Prep boot partition on an RS/6000 then
> add a boot option which tells the prep boot kernel that root=/dev/sdaX
where
> x is the ramdisk image. will that get the installer going.

I'm definitely not a guru, but I think you want to use
initrd=/dev/sdaX and it figures out where the root is in the
compressed filesystem ramdisk-x11.image.gz.

I'm not sure this will work for you, but you could try.

If you're looking to become a guru, then you can read this and be on your
way.

     http://www.linuxhq.com/kernel/v2.4/doc/initrd.txt.html

It's probably a lot more info than you were looking for.

Good Luck,
G. Hannon