Re: Boot issues between Mac OS 9.1 / OS X and YDL 2.0

Subject: Re: Boot issues between Mac OS 9.1 / OS X and YDL 2.0
From: Eric Woods (woodse@alum.rpi.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 08:08:20 MDT

At 09:50 AM 6/29/2001, Richard G Brock wrote:
>So, I booted from the YDL CD, deleted the existing linux partitions, and
>re-installed. Same thing happened. Booting between 9.1 and YDL is fine.
>Once I boot from OS X yaboot prompting seems to disappear.
>
>So, the questions are: Is OS X doing something in Openfirmware that is
>messing with yaboot? Has anyone else see this?

Richard - The program "Make Disks Visible", which Alsoft makes available,
takes care of this kind of issue with HFS disks that become invisible after
installing/launching OS X. It *might* work for yaboot. Run it under 9.1
and see if it works. Get it from
here: http://www.alsoft.com/AskAl/download.html, with more info available
under just /AskAl and following the link for Make Disks Visible - Ask Al.

Please report back on whether it works or not if you try it. Thanks!

         - Eric