YDL 2.0 installer crashes

Subject: YDL 2.0 installer crashes
ebangeman@mac.com
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 12:57:11 MDT

Configuration:
PowerMacintosh 7600/120 with 200 MHz 604e daughtercard
Internal SCSI 9.1 GB HD
80 MB RAM
4 partitions:
1 1GB HFS with MacOS 9.1 installed
1 10MB designated as bootloader
1 128MB designated as swap
1 Max (7.5 GB) as the main linux partition.

I keep getting this same error every time I go to install. I have done a
low-level reformat of the drive and still get the same error. I am
using Yellow Dog Linux 2.0

I get through partitioning, select "Everything" in the installer, and
then get the message "Reading local package database." Then:

This module has suffered a fatal error! Choose 'Continue' to go forward
(this is risky). . .

Bug Report Traceback

IndexError: End of block not found
File "/usr/lib/yup/yupdbfile.py", line 262, in enterblock
    raise IndexError, 'End of block not found'

File "/usr/lib/yup/yupdb.py", line 899, in ReadRemoteList
   db.enterblock()

File "/usr/lib/yi/packman.py", line 188, in ReadRemoteList
   db.enterblock()

File "/usr/lib/yi/packman.py", line 119 in configure
   ptree = self.read_packages()

File "/usr/lib/yi/template.py", line 56 in _call_
   return self.configure(args)

If I select Quit, the system hangs.

If I select Continue, it asks me about network configuration and then
hangs.

This is a bit irritating as I have followed the instructions in the
manual to the letter.

Thanks,

Eric