Re: video drivers?

Subject: Re: video drivers?
From: Mari Masuda (mari@SDF.lonestar.org)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 13:09:04 MDT

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Iain Stevenson wrote:

> Maybe you should build the latest XFree86 4.1 - it's better for me
> (9600/200, Rage Orion) than earlier versions. First check whether your
> video card is supported on the XFree86 web site here:
>
> http://xfree86.org/4.1.0/Status.html
>
> The build is fairly straightforward but you need to make sure X is
> configured to build the device driver you need. I posted my experience to
> the list.
>
> Iain

Thanks for the tip Iain. I was able to make XFree86 4.1 and edit the
host.def file so the ATI driver gets compiled, but now when I try 'startx'
it dies with the following error message:

xterm: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.4: cannot load

Where do I get libncurses.so.4? Thanks.

Mari

--
Mari Masuda                             \     /
mari@sdf.lonestar.org           .________\(O)/________.