Re: Dual boot Linux and Linux?

Subject: Re: Dual boot Linux and Linux?
From: Doug Philips (dgou@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 21:07:27 MDT

John Canning indited:

>I don't think you want to have two partitions for your different kernels.
>You are going to get into a nightmare with configuring the various
>system files. etc. Instead, compile the new kernel and install it
>in the directory with your old kernel (as you will read in the yaboot

Hmmm, the reason I was leary of doing that was anticipation that there would
be some RPMS that were kernel specific, and that I'd have to pick one or the
other kernel version to support. Having separate partitions means that I
could really keep them separate... It was a two fold question, could yaboot
do it (thanks for the URL) and then could the same root file system and
installed rpm sets get along.

Thanks!
-Doug