Re: regarding YDL video

Subject: Re: regarding YDL video
From: A S Hodel (a.s.hodel@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 21:24:00 MDT

With the aid of the advice below (thanks to all who answered!!!!), I am
nearly
there with the Apple 17" LCD monitor. The boot process remains invisible,
but
the command

/usr/sbin/fbset "1280x1024-60"

at the end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local gives me a text-only window. X does not
yet work (Xconfigurator failed; I still need to try the Xautoconf directions

at the yellowdog web page), but I at least have a working installation.

The install process allowed me to provide a 1280x1024 resolution, so
there was no need (yet) to edit the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 Screen section.