2nd ethernet card

Subject: 2nd ethernet card
From: pflaum (stevep@csiomaha.com)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 08:02:10 MST

I just installed ydl 1.2.1 on a 7200/75. I have an AsanteFAST 590 PCI card I was using in this machine when it was running Vicom Internet gateway. I want to make this machine a linux firewall/router. I'm having trouble setting up this card. According to asante's website: http://www.asante.com/support/linux/su_linux.html This card uses the tulip driver. I located and followed the instructions on their website. I was told that the tulip driver was already compiled into the kernel. Only the onboard ethernet eth0 is recognized during the initail boot process. When I do a lspci with the card in the machine I get this line: 00:0d.0 Ethernet Controller: Lite-On Communications Inc: Unknown Device c115 (rev 25)
I don't get it when the card isn't in the machine. Now I'm wondering if the tulip driver is the correct driver. I thought I remember seeing a list email about the Lite-On pci thing in the last week, but I can't find it.

here is the detail on the card:

AsanteFAST 590 PCI
p/n 61-20590-01

there are 2 chiips on the card with these numbers:

Delta LF8221M 9946

and

PNIC II LC82C115
M9932
TA985101
37DDX

when I do a lsmod. I don't get anything listed. and the modules directory doesn't give me any clues. I've found some other websites that have to do with the tulip driver. http://www.scyld.com seems to be the new home for the tulip driver. I've had no luck with the install instructions on that page. Can anyone help me walk through this?

Many Thanks,
Steve