Re: Is yup a terminal program?

Subject: Re: Is yup a terminal program?
From: Keith Bowman (keithbowman@mail.maclaunch.com)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2001 - 14:12:34 MST

Yes it is a terminal program. If you want to update,
connect to the internet, open a terminal and type yup update
and yup will start and connect to an ftp site. You may want
to make sure you have the latest version of yup. The
version on my CD gave me errors at the end, so I downloaded
the lasted yup RPM and after that it worked flawlessly.
BOL
Keith

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001 05:07:37 -0600
 Cal Spooner <spoon@visi.com> wrote:
> Hi....you said:
>
> >This is probably so basic it's just ... oh never mind :)
> >
> >I'm trying to run yup and don't find it in any of the
> x-menus, like
> >YellowDog utilities or system or K or Gnome utilities or
> system.
> >
> >When I go to shell and say "run yup"
> >
> >I get No such file or directory.
> >
> >If I go "yup update" it says command not found.
> >
> >When I search for "yup"
> >
> >I get
> >/usr/lib/yup
> >
> >and
> >
> >/usr/sbin/yup
> >
> >is something missing (thought this was part of a basic
> install)?
>
> Yes, I'll bet I know what your doing. Try logging in as
> root....
> that's where I screwed up. Only root can run yup in the
> terminal.
> --
> Cal Spooner
> spoon@visi.com