Booting the Linux from hard disk of F50

Subject: Booting the Linux from hard disk of F50
From: Fabricio Barros Cabral (fbc@mesa.cefetpb.br)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 02:21:02 MST

Hi People!

I have a IBM RS/6000 7025-F50 with YDL 1.2 instaled, have some months...
but I have a problem: my machine *not* boot from the hard disk (sda).

Anyone can confirm if I follow the procedures described in
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/rs6k/install.shtml I obtain my
machine booting from the hard disk?

I question about this, because some months before I follow the steps in
the same page, and not work (my machine not booting from hd) and I have
many problems (my machine not booting from floppy).

Concluding: if I follow the steps in the page, my F50 work boot from hard
disk? Why before don't work in this model, work only in the B50 model!

Thanks, and sorry for may *bad*, *bad* english! (my english is powered by
Babelfish! :P)

Fabricio B. Cabral a.k.a FX
fabricio@jampa.com.br