Diald and Yellow dog

Subject: Diald and Yellow dog
From: Barry Sparenborg (barrys@jorsm.com)
Date: Sun Mar 04 2001 - 15:35:03 MST

I have finally, after 8 hours, gotten my PowerMac 8500 server running on
Champion server 1.2. I have a RAID level 0 system with 5 disks, printing
services, Sama server for my windoze NT clients, Netatalk (still few
problems here not major), Apache etc... Everything works well with the
exception of DIALD. I downloaded the diald 0.99.1-1 RPM for LinuxPPC and
installed and configured it about the same as my system running RedHat 5.2
on an intel box, file permissions and all that look correct. The problem
starts when diald starts. In the /var/log/messages file it shows a bunch of
modprobe errors: can't locate module TAP8
modprobe errors: can't locate module TAP9
modprobe errors: can't locate module TAP10
modprobe errors: can't locate module TAP11
modprobe errors: can't locate module TAP12
modprobe errors: can't locate module TAP13
modprobe errors: can't locate module TAP14
modprobe errors: can't locate module TAP15

then when i try to access anythig ouside my local net diald dials the modem,
connects and logs in to my ISP then runns pppd and times out with errors
like:
start sl0:SIOCSIFMETRIC:Option not Supported
start sl0:SIOCADDRT:File Exists

If I manually bring up ppp0 it works fine also have no problem bringing up
ppp0 with pppd /dev/ttyS0 defaultroute connect [connect script used in
diald]

Anyone have any idea what I could be overlooking or what could be missing
from my system. I checked the requirement page for diald and it appears i
have all that is required.

Thanks in advance.

Barry