Python 2 vs. yup?

Subject: Python 2 vs. yup?
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 20:06:18 MST

Hi folks.
Upgraded to Python 2.0, and now I'm having trouble with yup:
yup update
produces
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/sbin/ yup", line 28, in ?
        import yup
ImportError: Bad magic number in /usr/lib/yup/yup.pyc

unfortunately /usr/lib/yup/yup.pyc is Python bytecode, so examining it isn't
really getting me anywhere. So, figuring Python will just make a new bytecode
file, I delete it. Now yup complains

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/sbin/ yup", line 28, in ?
        import yup
ImportError: No module named yup

WTF? I thought Python generated .pyc automagically? Do I need to reinstall yup?

Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet)
For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org
Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into
emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."