Re: Newbie Problem installing on b/w G3

Subject: Re: Newbie Problem installing on b/w G3
From: Donn (donntarris@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 23:28:04 MST

"Paul J. Lucas" wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Judy & Jane wrote:
>
> > Have installed the BootX (v. 1.2.2) extension and control panel and put
> > VMLinux and ramdisk.image.gz in the system folder.
>
> Henceforth, if you want help, please state: the computer model
> you are using, the MacOS version, the kernel version.
>
> > Anyone had same problem or can think of obvious solution ?
>
> Since you didn't say what MacOS, can't really say much except
> that BootX will /not/ work with MacOS 9.1.

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer to this, but I do use MacOS 9.1
with BootX 1.2.2 and that seems to work fine on my Newer G3 upgraded
9500/132 using a Studioworks (LG) 775N monitor.
Perhaps if you took a screen shot of the two main setup screens from the
setup for BootX it would tweak something from when I was first
attempting to load it up.

Donn Tarris
Maple Ridge, BC