Re: Linux Networking Hell

Subject: Re: Linux Networking Hell
From: Sean Riley (sriley002@yellowdog.dogriley.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 07:31:10 MST

Barry-

For whatever reason linuxconf is NOT working on YD 1.2.1 I ran into
similar issues, where it wouldn't save my settings for eth0 at all. Use
netconf or edit the files by hand (vi to the rescue)

I also saw the time out error, and haven't had time to ferret the answer yet,
but each time I start from a cold boot, I have to:
ifconfig eth0 down
ifconfig eth0 up
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifdown eth0
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup eth0

for watever reason this gets my internal eth0 up and running, otherwise I get
errors and dropped packets on the interface. I haven't had time to figure
out exactly what is happening, and have scripted the above. It is a minor
annoyence at this point

hope this helps

SR