Re: Linux Networking Hell

Subject: Re: Linux Networking Hell
From: cdowns (cdowns@skillsoft.com)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 07:53:51 MST

Barry Sparenborg wrote:

> Well I have tried just about everything that I know (which isn't saying
> much) to get my Farallon Fast EtherTX 10-100 card working in linux. Works
> fine in Mac OS. Latest attempt was to compile the de4x5 into the kernel and
> then as a module. Also did the same with Tulip. When i try insmod to load
> the module i get the device busy all the time. I can ifup eth1 and it seems
> the inteface is up and i can pin it from the machine i am working on but not
> from any other machine on my network plus i cannot ping any other machine
> from it. I have tried the card in all of the slots same outcome.
>
> Anybody got any words of advise?
>
> I am running a stock Powermac 8500av with YDL CS 1.2.1 kernel version 2.2.17
>
> Thanks,
>
> Barry

thats becuse you need the latest tulip drivers.... the one supplied (by
default) does not work correctly anymore with most of the new chipsets. i would
give you the link to my server but ofcourse mediaone is having issues today
AGAIN ~! man... ...

anyway. and i cant remeber the primary site to them but im sure you can get
that.

good luck
-D