Re: Can't get my web pages from mac to YDL using FTP or Atalk

Subject: Re: Can't get my web pages from mac to YDL using FTP or Atalk
From: Philip Good (phil@go2taichi.com)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 11:14:25 MST

Make sure the user you are ftp'ed into the YDL machine is part of the "nobody" group, assuming apache is running as nobody.

as root run:
chown -R nobody:nobody /home/httpd/html
chmod -R +s /home/https/html

I think this "should" take care of things.

You should use ssh instead of telnet. This also allows you to use scp, a secure way to copy between machines. Mac has a decent
version of ssh at:

http://www.macssh.com

Not sure if there's a way to use scp through macssh though...

Good luck
Phil

--
Philip Good
Red Planet Development, Red Canyon Software, Good Chi Tai Chi