Re: YDL vs. OS X

Subject: Re: YDL vs. OS X
From: Vanja Bucic (vanjab@UDel.Edu)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 12:10:18 MST

on 3/12/01 1:53 PM, Peter J Muhlberger at peterm+@andrew.cmu.edu wrote:

> Hi folks: Thanks for all the info! I'm getting excited about apple
> computers again :) .
>
> Vanja, how are you running XFree86 on your machine? Using XonX? Any
> idea whether this would work on a Pismo (powerbook 2000)?
>
> Forte is supposed to be pure java.
>
> peter

I used XAqua that I got from http://mrcla.com/XonX/
As I can see, they updated their software so you don't have to use XMaster
application any more to run XFree86. I did not update my XAqua yet (I am
still using XMaster), so I can't tell you how well the new version works. If
the old version worked fine, I am confident that the new one will too.

If MacOSX works on a Pismo, then I see no obvious reason that any
application made for MacOSX wouldn't work on it. Give it a try, it is not
hard to install (although documentation they provide was not appropriate for
the task when I installed it - hope they changed that).

Good luck.