Pismo install of CS 1.2.1

Subject: Pismo install of CS 1.2.1
From: Rob Wilson (rookie@pop.mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 21:12:20 MST

Hi,

I am trying to install CS 1.2.1 on a pismo. I run pdisk(fdisk?) and
the table is created. I force a restart and the partition table is
still there. Even after a cold start the partition table is still
there. I exit ?disk and then go to next screen. The dialog box says

An error occurred regarding the partition table for the
block device hda. The error was:No such file or directory.

Here is the partition table(note could not cut and paste:-()

Spelling and formatting optional, intent should be clear, numbers
should be accurate
Type : Name length@start address
Apple partition map:Apple 63@ 1
Apple Free Extra: 54@ 64
Apple Driver43*Macintosh 74@ 118
Apple Driver ATA *Macintosh 54@ 192
Apple Driver ATA*Macintosh 74@ 246
Apple FWDriver *Macintosh 200@ 320
Apple Driver IOKit 512@ 520
Apple Patches:Patch Partition 512@ 1032
Apple_HFS:ralph 1048576@ 1544 (512.0M)
Apple_HFS:sera 2097152@ 1050120 ( 1.0G)(really HFS+)
Apple_UNIX_SVR2:/ 2097152@ 3147272 ( 1.0G)
Apple_UNIX_SVR2:yaroot 2097152@ 5244424 ( 1.0G)
swap:swap 1048576@ 7341576 (512.0M)
Apple_UNIX_SVR2:/usr 8388608@ 8390152 ( 4.0G)
Apple_HFS:osx 8387438@16778760 ( 4.0G)(When it
comes) (really HFS+ now)
Apple_HFS:charlie 13901824@25166198 ( 6.6G) (really HFS+)
FWB DriverComp 1024@39068022
Apple Driver_ATA*Macintosh 76@39069046
Apple Free:extra 958@39069122

Starting over, DiskDruid returns the same error immediately.

The questions to get past this partitioning step are

1. Has the FWB futzed things? Should I remove it? Will Apple Disk Setup do it?

2. Does the linux partition need to be second?

3. Where is the partition table? is it different than the first
partition_map partition? Is there a tool on mac side that can fix
this?

4. Have I asked too many questions?(Hey, I had 20G to burn so I did :))

I promise to answer questions later.

Thanks for your help.

Rob Wilson