Dual Head X on Pismo

Subject: Dual Head X on Pismo
From: Timothy Morgenthaler (tamorgen@aol.net)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 08:20:44 MST

Hi,
I have a Powerbook G3 500 running YDL 1.2.1 with the 2.4 kernel. I have the
machine up and running pretty much, but there are two remaining things I'm
trying to do. First, can anybody give me good instructions to upgrade to
XFree86 4.0.2. I've tried following a few sets of directions, but they tend
to end with the results of me having to reinstall YDL, which sucks. Most of
the information I've found is unfortunatley for LinuxPPC 2000, which off
course is just different enough to create problems.
Also, presuming I get this installed okay, or, even if I don't, does anybody
know how to set up YDL to work with it's external monitor port so I can have
a dual headed linux machine? Thanks for any advice you can give me.