Re: Switched to Kernel 2.4.2 but now keymapping is hosed.

Subject: Re: Switched to Kernel 2.4.2 but now keymapping is hosed.
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 10:20:32 MST

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, William K. Gibson wrote:

> I have a titanium powerbook so I switched to using the 2.4.2 kernel as
> defined at the linux PPC site:
>
> http://www.linuxppc.org/documentation/2000Q4/titanium.php3
>
> For some reason the keyboard key mapping was all screwed up.

Congratulations, you're using the new input layer (which can also be found in
2.2.18).

Problem is, your keymaps are still old. Follow the README in the 2.2.18 kernel
directory on ftp.terraplex.com (short of installing the 2.2.18 kernel of
course) to fix your keymaps. You will of course need to be able to type to do
this, so you may need to boot an old kernel once to fix it.

-Hollis