Re: Switched to Kernel 2.4.2 but now keymapping is hosed.

Subject: Re: Switched to Kernel 2.4.2 but now keymapping is hosed.
From: William K. Gibson (firstdesk@columbus.rr.com)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2001 - 10:55:09 MST

on 3/13/01 12:20 PM, Hollis R Blanchard at hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu wrote:

> Congratulations, you're using the new input layer (which can also be found in
> 2.2.18).
>
> Problem is, your keymaps are still old. Follow the README in the 2.2.18 kernel
> directory on ftp.terraplex.com (short of installing the 2.2.18 kernel of
> course) to fix your keymaps. You will of course need to be able to type to do
> this, so you may need to boot an old kernel once to fix it.

Ummm, ok, I went to

ftp://ftp.terraplex.com/pub/updates/kernel/2.2.18/README

and the README says this:

To install kernel 2.2.18, run the following:

1) rpm -Uvh kernel-2.2.18-8a.ppc.rpm dev-* mouseconfig-*
2) Copy vmlinux to the location that yaboot looks for your kernel.
3) run mouseconfig and select your mouse
4) reboot (using the new kernel)

That's all. I'm not sure how mouseconfig is going to fix my keymap, but I'll
give it a whirl. Is this the REAME you were talking about?

--William K. Gibson
1stDesk Systems
firstdesk@columbus.rr.com