RE: YD1.2.1 network card drivers

Subject: RE: YD1.2.1 network card drivers
From: Vanja Bucic (vanjab@UDel.Edu)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 10:21:59 MST

I went to /usr/src/../net directory and compiled tulip.c using instructions
given by 'tail tulip.c'. I got the driver and copied it into the modules
directory. Running modprobe gives me unresolved symbols in tulip.o
"depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.17-0.6.1/net/tulip.o"
Well, I am not too surprised, it couldn't have been that easy. Is there any
way to add modules without kernel recompilation?